Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Two Full Skirts, An Apron, and a Batik Dress

I've been sewing quite a bit lately, so I thought I would share all my finished projects. For the two full skirts, I used verypurpleperson's tutorial for the easy full skirt. The first skirt I made, I posted some details here. And this is me wearing the finished product.



The pattern was so easy I decided to make another using white cotton fabric from Ikea and black grosgrain ribbon. I got the inspiration for the 2nd skirt from this entry at creaturecomfortsblog.com.


(Ok, so I copied the skirt in the picture - it's cute!)

And because I had some of that owl fabric from the first skirt leftover, I decided to just put some pieces together to make an apron.


(Sorry for the dark picture.)


Two pockets (that are not sewn shut).


I used the selvedge from the fabric because it shows the color palette of the owls.

And lastly, I took a batik robe from my mom and altered it to make a fitted dress. I can imagine myself wearing this to the office during the spring or summer season.



All photos were taken by Albert. =)

1 comment: