Sunday, January 9, 2011

Thai Class

One of my resolutions for 2011 is to continue studying Thai so starting today I am taking advanced Thai at Wat Mongkol (aka the Berkeley Thai Temple) every Sunday from 1 to 4 pm. Today was my first day and already my brain felt like it was going to explode. Just look at the passage we had to read today!



Some notes I made after today's class:

-Thai prose doesn't have punctuation to indicate the end of a sentence.
-Thai prose does incorporate quotation marks.
-Thai has different symbols for numbers.
-I am the only Thai person in my advanced class, which as five people total. Three are older Caucasian males and one is a younger female.

And I already have homework due next week, which I'm kind of happy about. Maybe because I miss being a student.

No comments:

Post a Comment