Thursday, June 30, 2011

My Mom


This is a picture of my mom during the 70's. At the time she had long hair and an interest in photography. (My dad, who was also into photography at the time, snapped this picture of her.) This is my favorite picture of her and I stole took this picture from my parent's house for safe keeping. The photo is very sun faded and I fixed it up a bit in Photoshop. The finished product is nowhere near its original condition, but at least you can see the leather handbag and the color of her polyester western-style shirt.

I was really excited when my mom told me she'd be visiting next weekend. It would be her first time visiting me since I graduated from Cal! (That's 5 years!) I thought about all the things we could do: pick fruit in Watsonville, go to the beach, visit the SF Renegade Craft Fair, stop by my new apartment, walk about. Unfortunately, she had to cancel the trip. Obviously, I'm disappointed, but I know there will be future opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment