Saturday, August 6, 2011

Lemon Bird Pink Grapefruit-Mint Jam



As a kid, I never really enjoyed jams, jellies, preserves, and that sort of thing. But as an adult, my mind was completely blown when I first had pepper jam with cream cheese on a cracker. Delicious! And now I check out the jam sections for new, exciting flavors. I picked up this pink grapefruit-mint jam made by Lemon Bird at the SF Renegade Craft Fair. I didn't get to sample it before purchasing, but I love practically anything grapefruit and they only had three jars left so I let impulse take over. The jam is more liquidy than the kind you'd find in big commercial grocery stores, but that does not take away from the eating experience. It also has candied grapefruit pieces and mint leaves inside. And the taste, oh the taste, is like candy. Checking out their website, Lemon Bird has such drool-worth jam combinations. And they're organized by season! I've got my eye on the passion fruit jelly once this jar of pink grapefruit-mint is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment