Monday, May 24, 2010

Must Stop Reworking

I have been working (and reworking) a shirt I sewed based off of Simplicity 2863. The pattern calls for stretch knits only, but I tried it in a printed cotton because I wanted something that looks like this. And that was my first mistake because now the shirt doesn't drape that way I would like it to. In order to salvage the top, I've sewn up the armholes to make them smaller, cut and finished a v-neckline, trimmed excess in the front middle and back middle instead of darting or taking in the sides, and then made an even more dramatic v-neckline. This is what it looks like now:



I know this is fine, but because I'm such a perfectionist (and because I don't really know what I want the final product to look like) I just keep tweaking it. Well, I'm going to stop right now and move onto some other project. Like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment