Thursday, May 13, 2010

Simple Top

So I just completed my first Built by Wendy top and it took me about 5 hours!!! 5 hours included preparing the fabric for cutting, cutting using a rotary cutter (faster than tracing and scissor cutting), sewing it, trying it on, getting excited about the final product, taking pictures, and blogging about it. I need to learn to sew faster or utilize other shortcuts. Ironing hems take too long for me (perhaps I'll use bias tape instead). I also had some trouble with inserting the elastic into the neckline. The first time, the elastic came off the safety pin. The second time, the excess fabric at the sleeve seams bunched up in the casing and prevented the safety pin from progressing. I ended up finagling a pathway by poking needles through from the outside and wiggling it around. But all in all, it was worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment