Thursday, June 16, 2011

Alameda Antique Fair

After hearing about this from Albert's sister, Alyssa, we decided to check it out. The fair starts at 6pm and is conveniently located next to Hanger One (but we didn't go drink afterwards). There is an entrance fee and everything sold must be at least 20 years old. Albert and I were hoping to score some furniture, namely a couch, lounge chairs, a coffee table, and maybe some other doodads. Here's a snippet of what we found:


It's been years since I drank 7Up, but I really like the colors. I also like that Ex-Lax poster to the left, but Albert didn't want it. Boo.


This blue chair was purchased by someone else before us. Oh well.


Let me just say that the fair is huge. A little more than halfway through I started getting hungry, which meant I started getting cranky. Thank goodness there were food stands and trucks along the side. Albert and I shared a breakfast burrito, which turned out to be the best breakfast burrito ever! I couldn't stop myself from pouring the homemade salsa into every bite.


Albert appreciates the lab stools. He ended up getting one and will use it when he plays on his keyboard.


Maybe it's a way to hang onto youth, but I love old metal lockers. They're pretty cheap too! I think the trio was priced at $65 or something like that. But I turned them down because I don't know how to incorporate it into my apartment.


$10 owl statue. We got it. Look how serious he looks!


Chalkboard. Again, I like it, but I don't know how to incorporate it into my apartment.


Knoll chair and lamp. Got them both for $75. The chair is now my favorite office chair.


Albert scored this chair and was given a $10 discount on the price!

I think Albert and I were at the fair from 7:30am to about 1pm. We didn't really find what we were originally looking for. There weren't too many affordable couches and we didn't have a large truck to transport anything too big. But we were able to fit two chairs into the backseat of Albert's car. If we go again, we may need to rent a truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment